The Architecture Foundation course at Scandinavian Design School gives the possibility to acquire the basics of Architecture. No matter how much knowledge or skills you have. The course offers lessons for different levels of expertise.
For those who are new to the field of architecture. You will start your learning journey with Architecture Foundation – Introduction lessons. This course will introduce the industry and teach you essential skills.
Note: All the courses start with a kickoff session with your teacher. Where you will discuss your goals, ask questions, and get advice regarding your studies. Our teachers will also introduce you to the study platform and study materials. After that, you can arrange your study schedule and study at your own pace.
You will learn to think creatively, sketch, and convey your ideas using fundamental drawing and visualization abilities. Lessons for that are:
- Photoshop / Photo editing & Correction
- Photoshop / Digital Painting
- Marker / Ink techniques
- Gouache & Acrylic Techniques
- Pencil techniques
- Composition – supports everything that you have learned and discusses how to:
- compose the images by hand,
- direct the eye inside the drawing to capture the viewer’s attention,
- present your idea.
All the provided assignments in the course are meant to challenge and support your growth. With the help of this course, you will learn different techniques of visualization, which will make you feel more confident about the way you present your ideas.
If you are curious about architecture and already have the fundamental skills, or want to study architecture in the future, then Architecture Foundation – Core lessons are for you.
Curiosity about the architecture field was one of the reasons why l joined the course. I wanted to gain more experience in architectural practices and refresh some of the old and forgotten skills.
The study process was independent, but after each submitted assignment, I received feedback that helped me learn and develop my skills.
The Core level will take you further into visualization approaches and techniques. You will learn about various prototyping methods and tools. In the core lessons, you will look at other design fields such as interior design, structural and spatial design.
- Structures – discusses various types of structures and how you can build them. You will work with different materials and will be able to try out many kinds of model-making assignments.
- Interior spaces – additional tips on creating an interior, what to think about, and what to include. You will learn how to:
- illustrate and create the feeling of space and material,
- see the light as a design feature.
- Urban space & Architecture – contains various tips and tricks that are useful when illustrating and styling the space around you. The lesson as well introduces architects, companies, and their work.
- Wooden Stick models – teach good ways of building. The lesson will provide different assignments to help you ideate and create models that would tell a story and attract the viewers’ eyes.
- Designing a 3D form – 3-dimensional design. How does the outside form the skin of the building or object, and what’s the inside structure.
- 3D paper models – how to create 3d models from paper. Tips & tricks that will make your paper models more attractive. During this lesson, you will also get a glimpse into the field of packaging design.
- Light & Shadow – how to present your ideas through light and shadow and illustrate them.
If you plan to study architecture, this course will help you create the needed content for your portfolio. By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what architecture is and the skills that each architect should have,
- design ideas in 2D and 3D space,
- be skilled in presenting your ideas to the viewer.
If you are a curious architect, a student dreaming about architecture studies, or a person just interested in learning more, then Architecture Foundation – Applied lessons are for you.
The offered combination of lessons will allow you to gain more profound knowledge. These lessons will open a broader view of the field of architecture and design. You will receive extra prototype tools and a better awareness of trends and examples in architecture, interior design, and other design professions.
Also, portfolio lessons will instruct you on how to put together a unique and successful portfolio.
- Trends – current trends in all design fields.
- Scandinavian design
- Landscape architecture – what landscape architecture is and how to create and illustrate it.
- Wire models
- Portfolio examples – will introduce different portfolio styles.
- Layout – you will learn to create a visually pleasing layout that harmonizes your work and aesthetics.
In this course, you will learn more about architecture or what influences architecture.
“Architecture is about trying to make the world a little more like our dreams.”Bjarke Ingels
Make one step closer to your dream with the Architecture Foundation course!