Graphic Design course is aimed for students who are applying to College or University programs in the field of Visual Communication and Graphic design. Whether you are interested in illustration, branding or visual identities, typography, layout or web design, this Foundation course is for you. You will learn how to think as a designer and use different technical tools to communicate your ideas and concepts in visually interesting and communicative presentations.
The course is divided into three levels. Each level consists of 4-8 lesson elements. The lesson elements have been selected to support the specific requirements of the different design fields and skill level of the students.
- Introduction level teaches you to use the basic technical tools typical in the field of Graphic design.
- At the Core level we start to broaden your perspective of Graphic design with presentation tools, layout and surface design, visual communication lessons and projects that support your understanding and learning.
- The Applied level lessons deepen your understanding further by introducing more field relevant lessons and content.
- Each lesson consists of video lectures and lecture documents.
- Several quick tasks ease you into the lessons key ideas and two interesting project assignments channels the learned theory into practice.
- You will get professional teacher feedback from each assignment and task. The purpose of the feedback is to help you further understand what kind of choices you have made and how you could improve your work.