Design Foundation course is aimed for students who are applying to College or University programs in the field of Design. Whether you are interested in industrial design, furniture design, service design or arts and crafts, this foundation course is for you.
You will learn how to think as a designer and use different technical tools to communicate your ideas and concepts visually. The specifically selected lessons for the demands in the Design field will give you a strong foundation that will support your future studies and career.
The course is divided into three levels. Each level consists of 4-8 lesson elements. The lesson elements have been selected to support the specific requirements of the different design fields and skill level of the students.
- Introduction level teaches you to use the basic technical tools typical in the field of design.
- At the Core level we start to broaden your perspective of design with presentation tools, modeling techniques, design thinking basics and projects that support your understanding and learning.
- The Applied level lessons deepen your understanding further by introducing more field relevant lessons and content.
- Each lesson consists of video lectures and lecture documents.
- Several quick tasks ease you into the lessons key ideas and two interesting project assignments channels the learned theory into practice.
- You will get professional teacher feedback from each assignment and task. The purpose of the feedback is to help you further understand what kind of choices you have made and how you could improve your work.