I have always been curious about – how can you define a creative person? I even looked for a meaning of a creative person in the dictionary (Creative definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com) ).
Here are some that I found interesting;
- A creative person has the ability to invent and develop original ideas, especially in the arts.
- Creative activities involve the inventing and making of new kinds of things.
- Characterized by originality of thought; having or showing imagination a creative mind.
- Having or showing imagination and artistic or intellectual inventiveness.
Based on the dictionary creative person should be able to;
- come up with original ideas,
- invent and make different things,
- show imagination,
- and have a creative mind.
It makes creativity sound like it should be something that each person should already have.
Creativity is not something unlimited nor exclusive. On the contrary, you need to practice a lot. By building up your knowledge and acquiring new techniques and skills. Everyone can become creative if they are ready to work. So I would compare creativity to a foundation.
A foundation that makes you feel confident but at the same time curious to learn more. Scandinavian Design School’s foundation courses give you the chance to build a solid foundation for your future.
Together with our teachers, you will be able to learn about different creative fields;
- Architecture, Interior design, Landscape design – Architecture Foundation — Scandinavian Design School
- Industrial Design, Furniture Design, Service Design, Arts and Crafts – Design Foundation — Scandinavian Design School
- Graphic design, Visual communication – Graphic Design Foundation — Scandinavian Design School
- Fashion design – Fashion Foundation — Scandinavian Design School
These courses will give you new knowledge and skills regarding the field you are interested in. Or even if you haven’t decided yet what you want to do. Foundation courses are a good introduction and also a great way to challenge yourself.
Your creative person depends on you and how much time and energy you are ready to invest. On this journey, we are here for you! With our guidance and study material, your creative journey will be much more engaging and insightful.
“Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things”Ray Bradbury